Recent Posts

Thursday, January 20, 2011

farmhouse decor

I have always loved the simplicity and down home feel of farmhouse decor and since my daughter and her husband have just purchased an original 1800s farmhouse in Atlanta, I am really getting into it. So I've been doing a lot of web surfing looking for ideas. 

I love the look of this new/old cupboard filled with wonderful old enamelware, ironstone, and advertising tins. This would be equally at home in a cottage environment.

rustic cupboards

This is one of my favorite looks for a living room. A sofa covered in ticking paired with simple pine tables and a corner cupboard.

simple living room

I am in love with this bedroom. Absolutely love the subtle warm colors. 

brown bedroom

All of these wonderful ideas via Country Living

If you want to start with a few touches or add to your farmhouse decor I have some home goods that you will want to see.

cast iron fireplace kettle

longhorn steer hook

gray enamelware pitcher

farmhouse pincushion

I am having lots of fun searching the southern back roads for lots more vintage farmhouse items. so check in with the shop often and be sure and let me know what your favorite finds are.

Have a great day and stay warm. Pin It

5 comments:

  1. love all of these homes in country living. they sell some of the beautiful rustic cupboards and tables (made in the northeast from reclaimed barn wood) here at kudzu... it looks like it might be the same person who made this lovely?
    and i LOVE the barn library in that article too... i want that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that too. I am really coveting that bedding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, i love that kettle! amazing.

    that library is basically what i want to do (someday:) love the bedding too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE EVERY PIC! And I love your Etsy! ;o)
    Blessings, Mumsie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet messages. I read every one of them.