Recent Posts

Sunday, June 26, 2011

closet cleaning


cue the scary music. it's a rainy afternoon and i have decided its a good time to clean my bedroom closet. i don't know about you, but after i clean my closet i always have the best of intentions to keep it neat and tidy.  somehow in the rush of everyday living, and the fact that i wasn't blessed with my mother's OCD neatnik tendencies, it seems to get out of control. so once again i am faced with the fact that i seem to have one of  each pair of shoes, i'm missing clothes, and i can't shut the door. BIG SIGH!!!  so if you have any ideas, dear readers, for keeping a neat closet (short of hiring an expensive closet organizer, which isn't in my current budget and i'm too cheap frugal for anyway) i would love to hear them. i especially love ideas for incorporating vintage in the closet.


P.S.  if you don't hear from me in the next couple of days, send out the rescue squad as i am probably buried under a pile of  junk.


Laura
I'm So Vintage

image via here
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Ha, ha! I too need to do this but probably in every drawer, closet and nook and cranny in this old house! But I got more fun things to do...visit my girls in the Chicken Mansion! (Got out of that one easy, huh?) Thanks for your visit to my blog and for following!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! i love this post, so much! since i'm glad it's not me who needs to clean out everything in my room (room, not closet).

    find you via EDT. happy sunday!

    dita

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the makings of a horror movie there for sure. I have the same problem but it's not the organization it's the size. The illustration above showcases the size of my closet, and I share it with my husband. It really goes against the natural order of things. Good luck! I'm your new follower from the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laura!

    I must be rescuing you then?lols..
    Such a great post!

    thanks for stopping by at my blog, it's feels good to have a good blogger following me.

    Smiles from,

    Andy at wordsandpen.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hee hee. I'm doing my cleaning on the long weekend instead - so I have a day to recover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, thanks for stopping by this weekend - I'm in Louisville so we're practically neighbors! :) Your blog & Esty shop are so great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet messages. I read every one of them.