Recent Posts

Thursday, June 30, 2011

loving vintage suitcases

I have quite a "thing "  for vintage suitcases. They make fabulous home decor pieces, double as storage while looking so fabby, and can be upcycled into craft cases, pet beds, etc. Here are just  a few ideas I've found.

so many sizes. shapes, and styles to choose from.

photo via Quote A Gentleman

What a great statement for an entrance hall.

photo via Elements of Style

This makes for an interesting side table. 

photo via Bijou Kaleidoscope

I love the rustic antique appeal of these suitcases. Perfect for a farmhouse decor.

photo via Suitcase Art Vintage


A lovely place for those weekend guest essentials.

photo via Country Living

How about a unique medicine cabinet.


photo via Trends Updates


a sweet planter for your cottage home.


photo via A Beach Cottage


I'm always on the lookout for vintage luggage for my home and shop. Do you use it in your own decor?  I would love to see photos.


Laura 
I'm So Vintage

Pin It

13 comments:

  1. There is something beautiful about vintage suitcases isn't there? I have a blue Lady Baltimore that I keep my daughters keepsakes in that I found at a thrift store for $5! Best buy of the day!

    http://www.littlemisscards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love vintage luggage! hat boxes too! I find then on thrift but a lot of the time they are a bit too musky with basement smells, but I've got a small collection still, of less stale ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a few pieces of vintage luggage. My daughter 'adopted' them from me. :-) I'll have to show her your ideas! (or take them back!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just fabulous ideas! I just love the medicine cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a selection! I am going to be on the lookout now for sure. Thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These photos are amazing!! I love vintage suitcases too. My mom got rid of a bunch of old suitcases that came from my grandparents' house and I was so mad! One day, I hope to collect some.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Found you through the Follow Friday 40 and Over blog hop and am now following you on GFC. I hope you can follow back also; I'd appreciate it so much ;-) Have a lucky Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those old suitcases and I have a funny but sad story about one. When I was a child I walked by an antique store every day on my way to school and I fell in love with one of those big old wooden chests that looked like it was made for pirate treasure. I wanted it so badly but I never thought that my mother would get it for me because it was so expensive. Years later she sawa similar one and bought it for me but..wait for it...she painted the thing with bright modern colors and put hippie decals all over it. I knew that it was done with love but how anyone could do that to a gorgeous antique is beyond me.

    (I'm not sure why I don't show as a follower here but I'm following you in my blogger dashboard.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've loved vintage suitcases for years too... I have a stack of three old leather ones in my den that hold vintage linens - tablecloths, sweet vintage pillowcases, etc. My sister has a similar stack in her den that hold games - everything from monopoly to uno. There are so many ways to use them - I wouldn't give mine up for anything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm following everything and grabbed your button. Your pictures are beautiful. I love vintage finds only if I don't have to refinish them. I found an apple green studded purse by Michael Kors a few weeks ago for $35. It's in perfect condition. I hope you have a great week. Doylene

    ReplyDelete
  11. I told you I was working on a 'vintage suitcase' project...here it is: http://redhenhome.blogspot.com/2011/07/world-traveler.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet messages. I read every one of them.