F I'm So Vintage: beach cottage white
Wednesday, July 13, 2011

beach cottage white

this hot sultry weather has made me nostalgic for the beach. so thought i would share some lovely white beach photos today. i think white evokes a feeling of coolness and serenity. 

a cottage living room.

photo via home design decorating

this sweet beach cottage brings back lazy day memories of summer vacations by the sea.

photo via vintage pretties

some simple white touches on a table.


photo via andrea nay creative


love this idea of painting some old worn luggage pieces white to place by your cottage bed.


photo via re-nest


add a touch of whimsy to your cottage table with some white washed beach finds.

photo via sally lee by the sea

rustic charm  combined with simple elegance makes for a perfect meal on an ocean front porch.


photo via bella casa

i guess since i can't be at the beach right now, it's nice to dream of those days. i think i am going to search through my shells for some perfect finds.


for more beautiful Wednesday Whites check out Faded Charm

Photobucket





















13 comments:

  1. Hi Laura,
    Thanks for commenting and following. I'm enjoying scrolling back through your posts and checking out your etsy shops.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many yummy whites. I love the pale blue table with all of the white. So beachy. I'm with you. If I can't be at the beach, I can sure dream about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh the living room! beautiful images, and i do agree that white is magical. i'm never bored by it!

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love how clean white is. I remember a great article by Rachel Ashwell where she said she loves all white slipcovers because there's nothing a little bleach can't solve. It really changed my opinion about white not being practical.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful whites, Laura! I love those trunks and that deck...oh my! Absolutely divine! That's my idea of heaven on earth...a beautiful beach home smack on the edge of the ocean!

    Thanks for sharing!
    Happy WW!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous whites, indeed! Every photo is wonderful and full of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Laura!!!
    What a beautiful post and inspiring photos!!
    I especially love the white suitcases!!!
    Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a sweet comment!!
    You are cordially invited to attend my very first link party on Friday!! I hope to see you there :))
    LOVE FROM TEXAS!!!
    ~~Michella~~
    www.michellamarie.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi Laura, I'm so happy to meet you. I love all of your lovely photographs your sharing with Fade Charm. I look forward to taking a tour of your delightful blog, and I'm your newest follower. Please visit me again, anytime

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your post made me wish I was somewhere cooler than Georgia right now. Sitting with an ocean breeze would be perfect. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely Vintage ~ so bright and cheerful ~ Thanks for coming by my blog and following you now ~ thanks ~ hugs, C

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh I love the whites- so soothing and light- Beautiful pic choices, as always!
    Thanks for the inspiration...I have some furniture projects coming up and now I am totally inspired by the beachy look. Of course, thats not hard being so close to Savannah, GA and Tybee beach:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll take that little white beach cottage any time over a MacMansion. :) Hi Laura, so happy you dropped by my blog and hope to see you often. And your tips on antiquing for furniture were excellent. I am better at spotting true country pieces than fine fancy pieces. ~ Miles of Smiles, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Laura...so happy I stopped in from WW, your inspiration is beautiful! I'd love to be sitting under that chandelier right now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet messages. I read every one of them.