F I'm So Vintage: just sitting on the porch

Missed A Recent Post?

Saturday, July 23, 2011

just sitting on the porch

I don't know about you, but the extreme heat we have been enduring recently has left me a bit lethargic. I have all these ideas for things I want to do, but my get up and go seems to have gotten up and gone. I love sitting on the porch, but only the early mornings seem to be a good time for that right now, and since I don't have a big porch where I am living now, I thought I would look at how other people are decorating theirs. That way, when I do get a big front porch, and the weather is cooperating I'll be prepared.

I love this vintage country decor porch from Barn Owl Primitives. The sweet pillows can be purchased from Little Miss Momma on Etsy.



This looks like a simple place to relax. I love rocking on the front porch while watching the traffic go by. Photo from Serving Him At Home




Even if the traffic is just a few chickens. Photo from redstickranch




I've always wanted a sleeping porch, and this one is a combination of fancy and primitive. Just my style. Photo from redstickranch




Love this wonderful Adirondack porch swing. I could while away a few hours here. Photo from visualphotos




Adding a simple farm table seems like a good idea. A place to share a meal with family and friends. Photo from 
Cabin Creek Farm



or this one. Photo from junkgardengirl



Enjoy your Saturday and stay cool.



11 comments:

  1. I love that fancy and primitive shot. That is a porch I would love to hang out on. I know what you mean about the heat. I've been doing as much as possible inside. It does zap your brain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I want to move into redstickranch's place. How gorgeous is that? Thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love front porches! These pictures are amazing! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You found some sweet porches. I'd love to have a porch--but wouldn't use it in this heat. Whew! I agree with it being too hot to begin any projects. We just lost 10 degrees with a storm. Happy, happy me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We don't really have front porches in Arizona, everyone hangs in the backyard by the pool. I miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the photos. Keep cool and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those photos. Sometimes it is good just to sit on our porches and think, doing NOTHING. I actually love my backyard and it gives me such joy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really appreciate you giving photo credit--it saved me from extreme ENVY for your yard. At first I thought...wow...she's amazing. Then I scrolled through again. Now, I think you are amazing for your integrity with other people's photos :) Have a great day! And thank you for linking with me on The Way I See it Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are beautiful! I think I could live in almost ANY house if it had a great porch tacked on the front! :) Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful! I've never had a porch- now I want one! Each image creates such wonderful feelings of rest and comfort- especially the sleeping porch! I could see myself hanging out in several of them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. *Sigh* I want very much to lounge on a rocking chair on a lazy afternoon upon seeing these photos. I can see myself sitting there with my friends chatting about baseball and NASCAR.

    ReplyDelete

All verbal donations to my comment box are gratefully accepted. It is free for you and priceless to me.