F I'm So Vintage: upcycled vintage ladder decor
Monday, July 25, 2011

upcycled vintage ladder decor

A couple of weeks ago at the auction, there was an old vintage ladder that I wanted to bid on. Unfortunately, I left the room for a couple of minutes to get a bottled water and missed it when it came up for bid. It sold for *** $5.00 *** and I have been kicking myself ever since. (note to self, take bottled water with you) 


So I am on the lookout for another one as I think they are fabulous as home decor items. Here are a few ideas.

repurposed as a bedside table from care2


as a focal point decor piece from nibsblog




I've always wanted one for a pot rack in the kitchen from merrimentevents




or to hold some baskets from pinterest




to display some vintage textiles from glitterandpearls




perfect for the bathroom from pinterest




Now I'm really wanting one, or two, or....





Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. this is so funny because I found the best old ladder this past weekend and will post about it later today. They do make great decorating pieces for hanging stuff on. I think mine will go in the booth instead of my home though. Stay cool and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ladders for decorating in the home, you have some gret ideas.... I put a small ladder in my flower bed and love it but the ones you have are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, I want one of these old wood ladders to use in my walk in chicken run. I think the girls would love hopping up on the steps and it would blend in with the vintage style of my backyard. Now we're both on the hunt for one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inspiring! I especially love the ones suspended from the ceiling to hold pots of baskets!

    LeAnn aka pasqueflower

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the boards they added for shelves on the one in that last bathroom pic... I've had a small one like in the 1st pic that I picked up at a yard sale years ago. It has been in almost every room in my house over the years. I hope you're able to find one, or two, or.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for hopping by and following...we are now following you on GFC

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh I'm going to be looking for ladders now! lol Thanks for the inspiration Laura!!

    ReplyDelete

All verbal donations to my comment box are gratefully accepted. It is free for you and priceless to me.