F I'm So Vintage: repurposing old books
Saturday, August 13, 2011

repurposing old books

I love old books. Well, I actually love all books and can be found at least part of most days with my head buried in one. I am often wishing I could find new ways to repurpose some of the old books that are overflowing the shelves in my home. Of course, I would never desecrate a valuable antique book, but there are so many books with little monetary value that I would love to save and enjoy in other ways. 


Here are some ideas I recently found that I may try to use for inspiration. 


Love this idea for a "book shelf" from curledupwithabook




or this cute one from poetichome






I'm absolutely going to have to make one of these sweet apples this fall and you can find the tutorial at 
cheekymagpie






This is definitely above my level of expertise, but really amazing from alternativeconsumer






I'm not sure how comfortable this would be, but it definitely has the wow factor going for it . From 
inhabitat






Okay, even I don't have enough books to make this unbelievable book rug from recyclart and artist 
PamelaPaulsrud






And if you just can't figure out what to do with all those loose pages...just start papering your walls with them. From Ruche








Enjoy your weekend. You can find me in the book stacks.


Photobucket
 

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love the book shelf idea. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just adore this post! As a gal who's already polished off six books this week I will admit that books take up a big chunk of my life. That Humpty Dumpty wall shelf is such a fun kitchen shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! The Humpty Dumpty shelf made my day. Amazing the level of creativity out there.
    Thanks for visiting, your new follower.
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Unbelievable creations and imaginations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow, these are all so cool! I especially liked the bookshelf and the loveseat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you imagine sitting in the chair with your toes on the rug? Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Laura...thanks for visiting and following my blog. I am so interested in those book shelves! How neat! So nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so IN LOVE with this post. Thanks for the great inspiration- I wish I had a room to paper with book pages! :) It would have been perfect for the office, but I just painted it last week, so I guess I'll have to wait till I'm bored with the color or something! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How CUTE are
    you and how
    FUN is this post?!!
    I am a huge book
    lover...always have
    been. I "desicrated"
    my first book last
    December to make
    ornaments; a vintage
    grammer book ~ and
    they came out super
    cute. Love all of
    these great ideas.
    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

All verbal donations to my comment box are gratefully accepted. It is free for you and priceless to me.