F I'm So Vintage: vintage fireplace decor
Thursday, September 1, 2011

vintage fireplace decor

Today is the first day of September, and even though it is going to be 90 degrees today, my thoughts are starting to turn to fall. I think it may be a defense against this unrelenting heat. I love fireplaces and love to look at photos of how other people decorate their's. I have a friend who thinks fires are messy and so never uses her's but to me there is nothing cozier than sitting by a warm fire on a cold day. So whether its wood burning or gas, I say light em up. 


These are beauties whether you light the fire or not.


source


source


source


and if you don't have a fireplace, a beautiful antique mantle adds a fabulous focal point to a room.


source


 
 So, I'm curious, do you use your fireplace if you have one and what are your best memories of sitting by a cozy fire? Mine is when I was a child, my father would always go down first on Christmas morning and light the fire. He would then tell us that Santa had forgotten to come and we would race down to gather around the tree and the fireplace to open our gifts. It was a tradition I carried on with my own children.


Have a great day.


Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. We didn't have a fireplace growing up, but we did have a wood stove. For years after we stopped using it, it was a habit to get real close if we felt chilly! It was always a disappointment to realize that there was no heat coming out of it anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some pretty fireplaces. I have a wood stove but don't use it. It's here for emergencies though.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great, but I love the first one best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We do have a fireplace and don't light it up too often even that we have 9 months of cold weather here in Utah, plus we have the TV on top and we are afraid the heat will damage it. Hubby promised to move the TV so we could enjoy the fire in rainy days, that's when I really like to be by the fireplace, the smell is unbelievable, I love it!
    Have a wonderful Thursday!
    XXX Ido

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love our huge raised stone fireplace. We burn Duraflames though because they burn so much cleaner. I know I know, terrible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the first one. We didn't have a fireplace growing up. Always wished we had one at Christmas time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOHHHH, I love fireplaces! They are so fun to decorate and do add charm to a room! andrea @ townandprairie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet messages. I read every one of them.