F I'm So Vintage: the farmhouse bedroom

Missed A Recent Post?

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

the farmhouse bedroom

For me, there is nothing more comforting than a warm cozy bedroom at the end of a long hard day. I want a place to relax, to read, and to fall asleep knowing there will be sweet dreams. I think country farmhouse bedrooms really create that feel.


I love the wood ceiling in this room, along with the big four poster bed, and a comfy throw rug to warm your toes in the morning. 


source


This looks like a cozy spot, with its old brass bed, down comforter, and soft lighting.


source
.
A yummy cast iron bed.


source


I love the combination of vintage textiles and the painted bench in this room.


source


Beautiful bright quilts, white bead board walls, and baskets tucked under the bed give this small space a light airy feel.


source


I love the simplicity of Shaker style furniture and the faux fireplace gives an added cozy touch. I would place some candles in front of the fireplace to give the illusion of a warm fire. 


source


Enjoy your Wednesday.




Photobucket
 

8 comments:

  1. Those beautiful images made me sleepy, love the last picture, so primitive, love it!
    XXX Ido

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! I especially like the one with the patchwork quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I would have to go with the bright quilts and baskets. Although, I do love the 4-poster bed and wood ceiling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for dropping by my blog Sakura Haruka.
    Am following you on GFC now :) lovely pics btw!

    Ai @ Sakura Haruka
    New: Wordless Wednesday Linky Party

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I'm a new follower of your lovely blog.

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Def. my style here. I'm lately "into" small so was really interested in the tiny room...but all bring a sigh to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures of beautiful bedrooms. I'm loving your style.
    Love from Mum
    xx
    PS Thank you for becoming a follower of my blog. I hope you enjoy your visits. I'll pop over to your shops sometime.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love every single one of these bedrooms. I think the bedding in the last photo is *to die for* and the wood on the ceiling in the first one is pretty, too. Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete

All verbal donations to my comment box are gratefully accepted. It is free for you and priceless to me.