Recent Posts

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

lovely winter whites

We haven't gotten our first snowfall of the winter, here in central Kentucky yet, but I am looking forward to its arrival. 

source


Yesterday, as I was heading out the door for my celebratory birthday lunch, I grabbed my winter white wool coat and starting thinking about how much I love white in the winter. There is nothing more beautiful than a layer of fresh fallen snow outside, and winter whites inside are a wonderful reflection of that beauty. They provide a timeless, warm, yet chic look with their range of shades. 


The other day, someone was telling me how they think tablecloths are so out of fashion. I totally disagree. I love the look of a pretty tablecloth, especially if it is vintage.


source


What could be cozier than lounging by the fire with a soft warm throw.


source


then slipping on a pair of warm white slippers to ward off the chill 


source


and heading off for sweet dreams in a fabulous canopy bed


source


when morning comes, even if the world outside isn't white yet, a winter white kitchens certainly beckons for that first cup of tea or coffee.


source


Has it snowed where you live yet? We are forecast to have our first snowfall next week. I'm really looking forward to it. 


linking today with:








Photobucket
 Pin It

10 comments:

  1. That white kitchen is so inviting. I do love the white, even the white blanket of snow but it only snows the days I have to work. Reckon why that is?
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Table cloths old fashioned? No way! In fact, I'm seeing the new trend is in layering vintage tablecloths. I always love all the pictures of white, neutral rooms knowing that I couldn't do it myself. Ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pics. the last one my fave!

    happy white wednesday

    blessings
    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am hopeful for next week's snow as well. Love these white interiors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh....how I adore that French inspired kitchen! Soooo beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration - and hope you get your snow soon! We're getting some January 1 from what they're saying! :) xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited for snow! We got a little bit of snow here....but I am looking forward to snow and a good book! Love all your whites!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to sleep in that canopy bed! How soft and comfortable it looks so inviting :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, I love your beautiful home...it is stunning...and all the white pictures..so beautiful...love them all...I am a new follower of yours and I will be back again...thanks for sharing your beautiful pic...phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here in MN we had one worthy snow fall...that is it! It is brown and drab here! ugh! Can't wait for a layer of white! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet messages. I read every one of them.