F I'm So Vintage: a profusion.....

Missed A Recent Post?

Thursday, February 23, 2012

a profusion.....

We are having some thunderstorms today and the temp will be almost 70 degrees. Yesterday, I noticed that the daffodils in our neighborhood have budded out and are getting ready to bloom. It makes me long even more for spring and summer and fresh flowers to brighten up the house. I know we can buy flowers at any time of the year, but nothing beats flowers picked fresh from your garden. 


When I was growing up, my father always had a rose garden wherever we lived. It was one of his special talents and he loved to bring the garden into the house. He always arranged them in a beautiful crystal vase in the center of the dining room table.  Whenever I smell freshly picked roses I am immediately transported back to that dinner table. I love to put flowers all over the house. They are especially wonderful when placed in unexpected places, in unique vintage containers.


What could be prettier than a profusion of roses in a simple white vintage enamel pitcher.


source


Old tins make a great casual display. This is perfect for a porch or garden room. 





This unusual shaped vintage bottle makes a gorgeous statement with a single floral  stem

Source: etsy.com via Marina on Pinterest


Love this rustic look





Don't you love when children bring you a handful of flowers (hopefully not from the neighbor's yard). Nothing is sweeter than an old Ball jar filled with flowers on the breakfast table.

Source: etsy.com via Mariana on Pinterest




I like how this collection of old glass beakers has been grouped together and decorated with a single flower here and there. It gives a more modern look to an old element.


Source: etsy.com via Kimberly on Pinterest




and now that the daffodils are getting ready to bloom in my neighborhood , if I only had some children to.........


source

13 comments:

  1. Oh Laura, all of these images are so lovely. I adore the first one of the white enamel pitcher. Love the color of the flowers in the paint can. They all have me drooling for flowers. I have an old enamel coffee pot that I use all the time in the Spring and Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bleeding hearts pic.
    Spring is around the corner!!
    Everything will awaken from their winter slumber :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics and great colors! Thanks for sharing!
    Love, Olga
    P.S.: now following you via GFC and via bloglovin'! We'll keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely! Bake some cookies for the neighbor children--I bet they'd bring you flowers ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura, I love all the pictures. I can't wait until I have some flowers to pick and put in unusual containers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos! I'm so ready for Spring! And I love the use of vintage "vases".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such lovely images! I am so ready for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the general feeling I am getting is that everyone is ready for spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laura, you have a beautiful blog! Thank you for visiting me and for following.
    I am also your new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could stay on your blog all day....so peaceful and welcoming. Thank you for a brief respite from a stressful day.

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  11. This does make me long for spring, but I woke up this morning to a beautiful snowfall -- the best all winter. The kind that clings to the trees and is really a winter wonderland. It's especially nice when I know it can't last too long.

    ReplyDelete

All verbal donations to my comment box are gratefully accepted. It is free for you and priceless to me.