F I'm So Vintage: monday shopping with a purpose

Missed A Recent Post?

Monday, February 20, 2012

monday shopping with a purpose

This past week has really flown by. I had a lot of fun with my Paying it Forward series last week and want to thank all of you who visited and followed the wonderful blogs I featured. Each week, going forward, I hope to share at least one of my favorite blogs with you. They are just too good not to share.


The sun is out today and it is going to be a beautiful Monday. I have a really busy day planned. Packages to get ready to ship, photos to take, and an apron to finish. Monday, of course, always means shopping on Etsy, and since spring is on its way, I'm trying to get organized. So today I thought I would cruise around Etsy and look for ways to repurpose vintage finds.


What could be prettier than a vintage jar filled with our favorite finds. This old jar has been filled with sea glass, one of my favorite things to collect when visiting the beach.


$34.95


Old canning jars can be repurposed in so many ways. Here, the seller has made a wonderful wall sconce. These are great, not only to display pretty flowers, but also to hold a candle. I think a group of these hanging on a wall would be a fabulous way to sort and display buttons in your work space. 


$22


I love this repurpose of  a canning jar. How about several of these hung together?


$69


Old kitchen ware can be reused in so many places in your home. I love old muffin tins. They are a perfect way to sort small items in your craft room, to fill with candles on a coffee table, or to start seedlings in the spring.


$14


How about old rustic ice tongs repurposed into a paper towel holder. I could use these in several places. The kitchen, bathroom, next to the potting bench.......


$18


Vintage drawers are great for organization and display. How about showing off some favorite books.


$48


I would love to have a beautiful antique card catalog. Not only a great way to sort and store, but would look fabulous anywhere.


$925


These have given me some great ideas, now I think I hear breakfast and work calling my name.




13 comments:

  1. Oh, the jars are awesome, I love how versatile the uses for them can be and I like to keep an interestingly shaped one for future creative projects.

    And sea glass? I think we had some around here but we don't. Just the occasional plastic bottle...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love seeing Mason jars as lights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Laura,
    I sure wish I had bought a lot of the old canning jars I'v seen over the years for a little of nothing. Last summer at the antique mall I work at, jars were hot seems they are the chic thing for weddings now. Same for the card catalogs I just think no crafty person can live without one.
    Have a great sunny day,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all beautiful ideas. Especially love the blue canning jar lamp! I had no idea that my vintage card catalog was worth so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you found me so I could find you! Love your beautiful blog. Looking forward to browsing around here.
    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a yen for some ice tongs--I've been surprised with how expensive they are! So I am still waiting for the right pair to come along ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sea glass makes my heart sing, along with the mason jars...I just unpacked mine after a year in storage.

    Celebrating another word verification free blog!!

    Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could really use the card catalog to sort recipes. It would look wonderful in the breakfast area by my kitchen. WOW, the dewey decimal system and card catalog file cabinets. Kids nowadays don't have a clue!

    Great post! I loved the repurposed ice tongs too.

    -Shelly
    http://quietluxe.blogspot.com/


    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing finds!!! thanks for including our wall sconce!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Laura,
    I love the old ice tongs as a paper towel holder! So cool!

    ♥charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great finds! Love the library card drawers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful repurposed vintage items. I'm enjoying your blog very much!
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete

All verbal donations to my comment box are gratefully accepted. It is free for you and priceless to me.