F I'm So Vintage: where art thou warm weather
Sunday, February 5, 2012

where art thou warm weather

It's Super Bowl Sunday. For some reason that just doesn't thrill me. 




I don't even care about watching the ads or the half time show. I am just not into it. The only good thing about it is it signals the end of football season. That must mean that warm weather is on the way. 




The end of gray gloomy days. The freedom to walk in sandals with warm breezes blowing through your hair.




Time to sit on a rock with your feet dangling in the water while you do nothing more than play with a stick 




and  laugh with abandon. I think sometimes we forget that we don't have to be children to enjoy these moments. So, as I sit here on this gray and gloomy Super Bowl Sunday I am dreaming of days ahead. I am planning some time to throw myself back into the sheer joy and freedom of childhood. In the meantime, I am listening to neighborhood children laughing and playing outside my window and it makes me smile and I start to giggle. Maybe, I don't need a warm summer day to feel carefree. 


 

3 comments:

  1. I just want to say that I tell my husband all the time he changes channels so much I get dizzy like on a ride at the park. As for the gray days can we add this to the list of warm sunny day thoughts, swinging in a porch swing.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on football! And I'm a child...with wrinkles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you. I don't really watch it...not even the commercials!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. I read every one of them.