F I'm So Vintage: if you.....

Missed A Recent Post?

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

if you.....

I used to  have this sign hanging on my door when I was a college counselor




This is something I think about on a regular basis. When things aren't going in the direction that we want them to, we need to step back and think about what we need to change in order to get them on the right track.


I don't know about you, but there are some things in my life that I've gotten that I definitely DO NOT want to get again and there are many things that I haven't gotten that I would like to see appear soon.


There are many times that I am tempted to sit down and let out a big old 




I mean, after all, I'm a nice person,aren't I? I try to do the right things, don't I?.....and then I remember my sign. Laura, if you aren't getting what you want, you need to think about changing what you do!!!


So where do I go for inspiration and what do I need to change? Think, Laura, Think.




OUCH!!! Sorry, it sometimes hurts my brain when I think that hard, and really, it doesn't take that much brain power to look for ways to change. When I first started my vintage shop on Etsy, I was selling a couple of things a month. MY daughter nicely pointed out that maybe my photos, which looked like this  CRINGE! CRINGE! were holding me back. 




I mean seriously. I'm not sure how I even sold two things a month with those fuzzy dark photos. My pictures have now evolved into this.




They're staged, they're clear. You can actually see what it is I am selling. Am I the top seller on Etsy? Well no, but I am headed in the right direction. 


The same goes for my blog. When I first started writing it a couple of years ago, I didn't even know what a blog was. Did I think that if I danced around my house singing "people all over the world join hands, get on my blog train, blog train" (My sincerest apologies to whoever wrote the original words to that song) that readers were going to flock to my blog?


source


I really needed a slap upside the head. How was I going to be successful at something I knew absolutely nothing about?  


About seven months ago, when I had less than 75 followers and I'm not sure where in the heck those people came from, I decided to change what I was doing. I did some research on blogs and found out how to actually write a blog and how to engage people. Am I a top blogger? NOPE!!, but I'm working on it and I am having a heck of a lot of fun and meeting so many wonderful new friends. Who knew when I started blogging that it could be about that.


So what do I want to accomplish in my life this year? Here's a short bucket list:


1) New knees (that is going to be accomplished soon)
2) Newer car
3) Move to Atlanta to be nearer my family
4) Better income
5) More positive thinking


So how do I accomplish all of these fantastic goals? Well, I'm going to stop doing what I've always done and start working on some positive changes. 


Do you have things in your life you want to change? I'd love to hear about them.


11 comments:

  1. HA! SO HAPPY to be the first to comment on this post!!! I have to tell you that you are THE KINDEST (if not the most successful, lol) blogger out there, Laura! Even with a busy blog, shop, tons of followers (and bad knees) you find the time to comment on new bloggers posts like mine. I just love your blog, your tips, your photos... and your great sense of humour! You deserve all the blessings you want! That's it! Imagine you deserve them, and you already have them! Your admirer and recent blog friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, for me with this beautiful weather we've been getting, my change is going to be to get moving. Try and walk everyday...outside. I guess I have been in sort of a slump for a while now. Change is good...right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is encouragement for me to get that Etsy site up that I've been working on. I'm so close...

    You've got some pretty major changes coming up, don't you. Wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one awesome bucket list for the year. Great goals and I hope you achieve them all...good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch, the new knees goal sounds painful.

    Setting goals is a big step forward. I tend to drift along far too much (although I am working on my Etsy shop and blog). I appreciate your inspiration, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post and a good bucket list - I need to work on some things in my life as well. Thanks for the shove in the right direction!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you go at goals in the same way you worked on your blog and store you'll be near family in no time at all. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that sign! I need that in my life. I have 'those' days and just need a reminder to make it better myself! I love your bucket list and when you move nearer to Atlanta we can meet for lunch sometime! I think your Etsy shop is great and I'm so glad it is doing well for you. I need to decide if I really want to make mine work or not. Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. The message is so clear, yet I need reminding often, change what does not work so to speak. Seriously I need to make a list and stick with it till I get something finished, I run everywhere I go, I want to walk there, where ever that may be. I can't remember never running.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post. That has always been a favored saying of mine. It is true but hard to do sometimes, isn't it? I have grown slowly too, but I just keep evolving. I should look up the information on growth that you did. Do you remember what web site you went to read about blogging? xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great post. We all need to be working toward self improvement. It is hard! Hard to change and hard to grow, but necessary.

    ReplyDelete

All verbal donations to my comment box are gratefully accepted. It is free for you and priceless to me.