F I'm So Vintage: oh you fickle month

Missed A Recent Post?

Monday, March 5, 2012

oh you fickle month

"March is the month of expectation,
The things we do not know,
The Persons of Prognostication
Are coming now.
We try to sham becoming firmness,
But pompous joy
Betrays us, as his first betrothal
Betrays a boy."
-  Emily Dickinson, XLVIII


Oh, the fickleness of the month of March. First we have the wild tornadoes, then the beautiful day of warm sunshine, and then this.......




I knew when I woke up at 3:30 this morning that there was a calmness and stillness outside that could only mean one thing. 




"I sprang from my bed to see what was the matter"




No, it wasn't Santa, but it sure feels more like Christmas than it did in December, and the nice part about a snow in March is that we get to enjoy its beauty for one day and then it will be gone. Tomorrow will be 55 and Wednesday back up in the 60s. 




So yes, the malaise of yesterday is gone and a fresh clean day has begun.

 

13 comments:

  1. Oh My!! Can you believe all this craziness?? We only got a light dusting. Your snow is beautiful, the photos are breathtaking. But, aren't you glad it'll be gone tomorrow!! My favorite kind of snow. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, Kentucky weather sure has given us a wild ride lately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What beautiful photos. Something that I probably will not ever see in person so I love to see photos. We are quite likely seeing that last of the cool weather here in FL today. It was 50 when I got up. But 70s this afternoon. last week it was mid 80s! You're right...March is fickle.
    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  4. Typical March isn't it? If you don't like the weather just wait 10 minutes...

    Beautiful shots, I guess it's winter saying farewell.

    Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, the snow is beautiful. We got some too. But I will be glad when it is gone in a day or two.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful picture that is! Love all that pretty snow. It passed us by this year! Thanks so much for visiting me too. I am following your blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snow always looks so beautiful resting on the trees. We are only 5 days into March & the weather has been all over the place. Fickle, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow..we did not have that much snow all winter!! Saturday we had shorts on and today there are flurries ...can't decide if is a lamb or lion!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
    Happy Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. And mother nature came in and she painted it all white...andrea@townandprairie

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. But your right March snow is the easiest kind here today gone tomorrow. Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wasn't it beautiful! I think it was winter's going-away present to us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks still and very beautiful. I'm glad that it is short-lived so you don't have to deal with it for long. Your photos are wonderful. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. What amazing photos! I'm sitting here with the ceiling fan on! Hope that sun comes out soon and melts it all! Hugs! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. I read every one of them.