F I'm So Vintage: hi ho hi ho....

Missed A Recent Post?

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

hi ho hi ho....

it's off........no, wait I am not heading off to a new job. I just have to get back to working today. I have a confession to make. I have been suffering from severe neuropathy pain. I had mentioned here that I have been having peripheral neuropathy, but I've kind of glossed over the pain. The doctors don't know what is causing it, but they started me on Neurontin last night. (I am really loopy). Hopefully it will work and the loopiness will wear off. As we all know, I am loopy enough without medication :)

As the old saying goes, I am pulling myself up by my bootstraps and getting back to working on my shop. With that in mind, I thought I would do some self promotion today and share some of my shop goodies. (There is also the fact that my poor brain is too fuzzy for meaningful chit chat)


There are things for your garden. Like this primitive old metal bucket.


$21


wonderful old pottery


$44


a collection of baskets


$20


old primitive enamelware


$24


antique maps, to frame, are being added daily.


$16


Things for your kitchen decor.


$24


fabulous antique photos


$62


upcycled American Ruralist collection


$9.50



 There's lots more, but you get the idea. For those of you who asked, my first knee replacement surgery is scheduled for May 27th. Oh boy!! Are we having fun yet?

I am now going to make up my bed, pull up those boot straps, and get busy sewing.


 

14 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better soon. I know it's hard but maybe working on the shop will help. Awesome items as always. hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura,
    So sorry you are you are having health issues. I know you are glad to have your knee surgery scheduled finally. Hope your day goes as good as your shop stuff looks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new/old treasures are wonderful. Love that old photo frame, bucket, rolling pins, map, etc. Hope you're feeling better soon:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your pain ends soon. My hip is out and ibuprofen, tylenol & aspercreme rub aren't helping. So I feel for what you must be going thru! Lovely items!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry you're still not feeling well--hope the medicine will give you some relief!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are better soon. Hope they find what the cause is very soon. Constant pain is no fun. Hope you have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the meds help you - there is nothing more frustrating than unanswered health problems. Love all your new items! That is exactly what I need to be doing today...taking pictures and working on my shop. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great items.

    Good luck with the neuropathy. My mother suffers from that as well. It's certainly no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh- I hope they can get your pain under control. It is awful to suffer on end with no relief in sight. Love all your items here-I'm sure they will soon have new homes. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. All nice finds. I even have a few of those around here!
    No fun, knee replacement, but I hope it all goes very well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry to hear about your chronic pain. Great items (and photos)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your surgery is almost a month away. Wow! I hate that you have to wait for so long. Very nice finds!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great items. Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so sorry that you've been having so much pain! I hope that the medicine will help and that the loopies will be gone soon! Great items for your shop! I love all the old goodies! Knee surgery scheduled - great! I know it will all work out beautifully for you!Will be keeping you in my prayers and thoughts. BIG Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete

All verbal donations to my comment box are gratefully accepted. It is free for you and priceless to me.