Recent Posts

Friday, April 20, 2012

thumbs up

I'm feeling in a thumbs up kind of mood this morning, so I am going to list a few things I am giving a thumbs up to. 


First, I am giving a thumbs up to my blood tests. I finally called this morning and everything was in the normal range except I am a little low in vitamin D. I was a bit surprised by that since I only drink water and 




I drink a lot of organic milk, but apparently the deficiency is brought about by not enough exposure to




because we use so much sunscreen to protect our skin. So, I had already started taking a vitamin D-3 supplement after my visit to the doctor so that should take care of that little problem. Still don't know what is causing the peripheral neuropathy, but a lovely reader suggested I try magnesium. 


So another thumbs up goes to all my lovely blog readers. 

Another thumbs up goes to this great red stool.




My 87 year old mother still loves to cook, but she has osteoporosis really bad, so standing hurts her back. I found this great vintage stool at an auction, so now she can continue to cook, and I get to reap the rewards. I would have to say that is a pretty big thumbs up for me.


I'm giving a thumbs up to my peonies. They are just about ready to pop open. 




and nothing says spring in the south to me than the sweet smell of honeysuckle blooms




the bushes behind my house are loaded with them, and even though my allergies aren't crazy about it, I have to give it a thumbs up for the nostalgia it evokes.


a thumbs up to a good sales day on Etsy yesterday. 




one box is packed and sitting on the porch ready for shipment and the rest will be done today.


and finally a thumbs up to wonderful silly photos of my grandchildren.




It's been awhile since I've seen them, but seeing photos and talking to them on the phone makes life wonderful.


Have you ever noticed that it is the simple everyday things in life that give us the most pleasure.


 Pin It

20 comments:

  1. Hooray for a good day! Glad for your good news from the doctor (even if its frustrating to not know what you DO have), and all the other blessings as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cheery post! Isn't it hilarious how we're supposed to avoid the sunshine but we need the sunshine? There's always something, isn't there!

    LOVE that vintage stool. I have a small step stool that the toddler grandsons love to pull around the house to wherever it is they think they need to reach. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that your blood test went (mostly) well- that is good news! I have heard that it's very common now to be diagnosed with a vitamin D deficiency. Some studies that I looked at thought it was a bit of a fad- really wasn't as big a deal as the current medical community is making it and we're probably all fine... but it never hurts to get a little extra vitamins so I figure why not!

    I love peonies, hope they bloom for you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for the blood tests! I also started taking vit D after my last Dr's visit. Love the garden and so much good things going on for you right now! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love the stool, so cheery. Blood tests... sigh, do they really tell us anything? But, a little extra vitamins may do the trick. How is the surgery schedule going? Hopefully, you will up and running soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats. Glad to hear that all is well.
    Whew.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the blood tests. Glad things are going well and you've had a good day on Etsy.
    Wishing you a thumbs up weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! Glad to hear you are normal almost ;). So proud your shop is doing well. Sounds like a thumbs up kind of day to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's the little things we do everything that determines our quality of life. LOVE this post!

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad your blood tests came back okay. That is such a relief for you. Peonies and honeysuckle are great! We have a honeysuckle in our yard, but it's not the sweet Southern kind. When I was a kid, we'd pop the blossoms off and suck the sweetness off the stamen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. so pleased to hear your test results were good! hope the magnesium helps, I have personally had great results with vitamins for several ailments. boy that word ailments just made me sound really old :D enjoy your thumbs up day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is absolutely the simplest things in life that bring us the most pleasure. I am glad you blood tests came back and only show that you need more Vitamin D..very good news there.

    Loving your sweet little red stool you found for your Momma...and there is nothing sweeter in the world than the smell of honeysuckle on the air. Love it- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm giving a big thumbs up to your post! You're still on my prayer list.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thumbs up on the test. Awesome.... I just love honeysuckle, reminds me so much of my childhood.. Have a wonderful weekend sweetie...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay for all your thumbs up day! I love that red stool.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so glad to hear that your blood work came back fine. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Laura,

    I am giving a shout out to your peonies, too! Mine are just about to open and I love peonies on display in the house :)

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this post. It is so wonderful to have the gift of gratitude. I am grateful for it every day!
    God bless the neuropathy issue. I know the discomfort, and I will keep you in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  19. If I had more than two thumbs, they would all be up!! Great news all around.

    ReplyDelete
  20. A lot of things to be happy about and it is so important that you are focused on the positive! Now, go out in the sun and produce this Vitamin D to get even happier!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet messages. I read every one of them.