F I'm So Vintage: front porch flowers
Tuesday, May 1, 2012

front porch flowers

It looks like the chance for frost has passed, so I guess it is time to start thinking about flowers for the garden and front porch. We have a very small front porch and have decorated it like my mom wants for the last couple of years that I have been here. This year I proposed a change and she said to do whatever I want, so I am thinking I would like to go to a more rustic, natural look. I have started to gather together some things I have that I might include, but I am looking for inspiration. 


Here is what I have so far that I might use.








Here are some inspirations.


I wish my porch was even large enough for something like this,


source


but it is too small, and even though it is covered, it gets wet when it rains.


I like this.


source


I do have a bench, although it is backless. hmmmmm.


I have this large bamboo basket and would like to put something tall here with flowers and trailing ivy, 








but I think I am going to have to talk to my cousin at the family's florist and greenhouses


source


It's where I first learned my love for gardening, but my cousin John is the expert, so I go to him.


And what about the front door. I really like this wreath that I showed in an earlier post.


source


and my love for this has definitely not lessened.


source


Maybe I can find something around the house or at the thrift store.


It may take me awhile as I seem to be moving a bit slower than normal, but I will update you when I get it done. 


Linking up with:
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday




 

13 comments:

  1. Oh it will be great I'm sure. I am going to wait until after my next trip before planting my deck garden. too much work for Mr ALC when I'm gone. hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what you do! I really like the picnic basket -- what great patina.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suspect the final plan will come to you like a bolt from the blue. I love the elements you have to start with. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the wreath. Can you purchase waterproof fabric (or spray something on what you have to waterproof it) for a pillow? or two for the bench? You can always bring them in if you know it is going to be bad weather, but they wouldn't get ruined if they got wet. Something tall in the basket will look really nice. How about a small trellis in there with a plant? Looks really good and I should start looking at my front area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inspiring photos! I really love the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your picnic basket is adorable. The reed basket would look great with a big fern. I can't wait to do my own porch.:):) Smiles to you, Susie(SheJunks)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love the picnic basket!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see what you do. I love that picnic basket. Very nice. And that bird house is fabulous! I know you'll pull it together.
    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a tricky thing. Our porch is large and covered, but things always get wet. Something to do with the way the wind and rain blow. It gets snowy in the winter and wet in the spring, summer and fall. So we have to be selective about what we use and how we decorate. You'll do a great job, I'm sure!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Laura- That is my next project. The front porch. It is not overly big but it needs a good clean up-that's for sure. Love your big baskety thing-it should look great as a planter. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have some lovely ideas. I've found some unique items while shopping at thrift stores.
    Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got some great stuff to work with. Love that purse hanging on the door. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

      Delete
  12. LOVELY PICS:) I really like your blog and I will happily follow.

    If you want some swedish decor inspiration, you can check out my blog:)
    Have a great week.

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
    (Sweden)

    ReplyDelete

All verbal donations to my comment box are gratefully accepted. It is free for you and priceless to me.