F I'm So Vintage: just sittin' for a spell

Missed A Recent Post?

Thursday, May 10, 2012

just sittin' for a spell

Today has been one of those perfect days. So after running all my errands this morning I just sat outside on the patio and enjoyed the beautiful afternoon. 




The sun was shining, the birds were singing, and the temps were in the upper 60s. Perfection.




There were a few fluffy clouds hanging around. The kind that make you imagine the pictures they are forming.


The daylily has lots of buds, but the flowers aren't out yet. I hope it is getting enough sun.




Mr. Blackbird stopped by to scold me. 




Apparently I had the nerve to let the feeders run out of seed. 




So much for the lazy afternoon. I seem to have forgotten my duties.


 

12 comments:

  1. I soaked up some sunshine this afternoon, too. It's cool here but the sun felt so warm and comforting! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do let you know when their food supply is empty! We had a lovely day today temp wise. The sun was finally out. I unfortunately had laundry to do and didn't get to enjoy it much. Maybe tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely day here too. Hung sheets on the line, cleaned up a vintage dresser that we found this morning and divided some plants. I call that a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blue skies, fresh air and sunshine! What a lovely afternoon (until the demanding blackbird showed up). Pack up all my cares and woes .... Bye, bye blackbird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura-What beautiful images!!! I feel like I was right there with you. I wish I could have spent the day outside-maybe tomorrow. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for posting this. It’s exactly what I was looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post reminded me of one of my favorite songs:

    "sunny with a high of 75
    since you took my heavy heart and made it light."

    Happy almost weekend to you!
    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you were able to enjoy a beautiful day. Your day lilies are ahead of mine. Love the hostas. Now, make sure those bird feeders are full! Enjoyed your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I'm so relaxed now. Thanks for the free relaxing moment! You're the best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It all looks so beautiful and relaxing. I love cloud photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazingly green and summery already! We've had the birds singing like crazy in the past few weeks but the sun is yet shy and the trees are only now blooming. Can you imagine that the lilac is still green?

    ReplyDelete

All verbal donations to my comment box are gratefully accepted. It is free for you and priceless to me.