F I'm So Vintage: farmhouse dining and chicken salad
Tuesday, June 5, 2012

farmhouse dining and chicken salad

We are enjoying a beautiful week here in Kentucky. The temps are in the 70s during the day and the 50s at night. Perfect. It is going to heat back up again at the end of the week, which means it may be too hot to eat outside during the hottest part of the day. So, for lunch, I love to have a beautiful space to eat inside and a cold chicken salad is my favorite this time of year. 


These are all beautiful spaces I would love to have in my home. 


source


source


source


source


source


source


I am kind of obsessed with chicken salad with grapes, and although Kroger has a really good one they make, it is a bit pricey and I would rather use my leftover chicken to make one myself. I found this one which sounds really yummy and looks easy to make, so as soon as I am able to really start cooking again, it is going to be first on my list.




Charlie's Famous Chicken Salad With Grapes
source: food.com


Ingredients

    • 2 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
    • 1 cup finely chopped celery
    • 1 cup seedless grapes, halved
    • 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans (optional)
    • 1 small minced onions
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    • 1/2 cup mayonaise

Directions

  1. Combine all ingredients; chill.
  2. Serve with just about anything- crackers, chips, rolls, bread or bagel.


Thanks to everyone for your encouragement with my physical therapy. I was a rock star at yesterday's session. My therapist was amazed. I feel a big breakthrough has been made and I will be running around again before you know it. So bring on the summer, because I am ready. 


Linking today with:
Tasty Tuesdays
Table Top Tuesday

 

16 comments:

  1. That looks absolutely delish. It wasn't something that we had growing up, must make up for that through the years.

    Love the tables, especially the third one.

    Are you feeling more of yourself lately?

    Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too LOVE chicken salad!
    I too shop a Kroger store..
    the chicken salad is tasty, but we prefer mine!
    I do not add Worcestershire Sauce,nor extra salt.
    On occasion, I will use a teaspoon of spicy brown mustard and curry powder!
    I enjoy the varieties equally..
    and will only use REAL MAYO..not that other stuff!
    makes a BIG difference..
    I love their fried chicken..which we have on Friday nites..
    I often purchase a rotisserie chicken in the evening when they are marked half price.
    the white meat i use for chicken Salad, the remainder, minus the skin, is boiled.
    after removing the bones, I add a package of Mahatma saffron rice to the mixture.
    add chopped celery and onion , a dash of garlic,some frozen green peas..and you have a basic Paella..to which can be added any other meats, seafood etc..
    the best part of all,,it can be frozen in portions for later use!
    did not mean to write a book..
    keep up the good work at physical therapy!
    warmest hugs..
    Loui♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay rock star! So glad you are feeling better! I love all these spaces....but the one with the french door makes my heart beat faster!

    Have a blessed and wonderful day!
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good chicken salad is one of my favorite things. There is a little tea room in a nearby town that makes the best chicken salad with grapes and nuts. Oh yum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always loved the look of these types of dining rooms. I have a similar farmhouse table set up in my home. I love images one and two.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love the farmhouse dining and the salad looks sooooooooo good. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the dining tables -- especially the one with the built-in drawer. How handy would that be!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laura, your progress sounds amazing! Good for you!
    That first photo is my favorite...sigh...and so impractical for me with two dogs, one of which is a long hair GSD. Kevin says that Bridger sheds 'a small dog every day!' But that look really appeals to me. The salad sounds great. I've been craving chicken salad too, maybe it will be tomorrow's dinner. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The chicken salad with grapes is one sweet treat. Proven and tested.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love tables with layered linens. I just love that table with tied pinecones. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum..good recipe for chicken salad..and easy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never tried chicken salad like this one! Now I have to :) Loving the chairs on the first photo! Hope your knees are better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Al your inspirational photos look like you, and I really like them, too! I love chicken salad with grapes...it's one of my favorite things to order out at lunch. I rarely make it at home because I am the only one who eats it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. you and me both! Absolutely love those pinecones on the end of the table dangling off the table cloth!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Laura! I am glad to hear that you had a breakthrough at PT last week. Mr D and I have been on vacation. I managed to keep up with posts but fell way behind on my visiting.
    I am a huge chicken salad fan as well. I have never seen a recipe for C.S. that calls for Worcestershire sauce. I'm going to try this! Lovely photo inspiration in this post.
    I wish you healing blessings!
    ~Lynne
    w/L.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi! Found your blog today and got caught up reading through some posts. Lovely and hope you are feeling better! I also wanted to mention that I have made the chicken salad recipe you featured and it is delish!

    Doreen

    ReplyDelete

All verbal donations to my comment box are gratefully accepted. It is free for you and priceless to me.