Recent Posts

Friday, December 14, 2012

big old cranky pants



Stillness is the only thing in this world 

that has no form. 
But then, it is not really a thing, 
and it is not of this world.
~ Eckhart Tolle ~




source unknown

There was a big old cranky pants at my house last night and it was me. I had been up since 5:30 in the morning and didn't get home until almost 5:30 in the afternoon. 

First of all I had a failed attempt at trying to pay taxes on my van I sold last month. After driving around for 15 minutes trying to find a place to park, walking up 3 million steps (I know, I counted them), and standing in line for 20 minutes, I was told I couldn't pay them in that county. But, but, but.....it says right here on this card I received that I can pay them in any county. The snotty clerk just looked at me like I was something icky that was stuck to the bottom of her shoe and called the next person in line. but, but, but.....

Then it was a four hour auction and lugging lots of purchases to my car and mom calling in the middle with a crisis and .........well you know how it is. I'm sure you have plenty of those days, too. 

So, yes, stillness is good and a cup of eggnog in front of the fire counts as stillness in my book.

I'll be back tomorrow with more Christmas photos.


  Pin It

12 comments:

  1. I loathe those days where it feels like the whole world is against you. The people at our county desk are like that, too. They'll pull the satellite image of your property up on the computer right there in front of everyone and threaten with whatever they think they see. They've been very rude to us, with with chicken matters and also building a shed. It's like they have the "big me, little you" syndrome. Try not to let it get to you, at least during Christmas. Was the eggnog spiked?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My whole week has been like that-- would you believe I dropped a ton of money on new glasses that are no better than my regular vision? The "people" at the vision place said the glasses are correct. Oh, okay, I'll adjust my eyes. Anyway, my point is "customer service" is a thing of the past! Hope your probs iron out! Here's to the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would have thrown a hissy fit in that clerk's office!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nasty day! Hopefully today will be better - enjoy the beautiful stillness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know my thoughts about government red tape!
    Now close your eyes...imagine me putting on those fabulous vintage ice skates that I purchased from you...I'm skating with Cary Grant...Will you bring some of that eggnog and join us?
    Wishing you a so much better day today!
    ~Lynne
    w/L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where in the world did customer service go? or simple respect for that matter.
    I hope your quiet time wiped away all the creepys from the day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh red tape! Not what you want to see at Christmas. But the egg nog--now you're talking! Hope it's funner today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you are having a better day today, Laura! Eggnog in front of the fire sounds very relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are days when I wish I drank! lol I can only imagine how frustrated you must have been. I had to renew my license last year and it was a simple renewal of a license I have had here in WI for 37 years. The clerk-said-I think there is a missed letter in your name and you need to go home and get your BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND your marriage license AND a passport. Guess what- one of them was one way and the passport was another way. So, I had to get the head of the
    DOT involved to get it straightened out. I was half sick and by the time they got around to taking my picture I looked like a vagrant and it had taken EIGHT hours plus running! OMG-I wanted to fly! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jeeze, you'd think they'd be so happy to get your money that they would take it anyplace they could get it. Seriously, why couldn't they set that up so a person could pay that on-line?? It's never easy, is it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a no good rotten horrible very bad day. Glad you found at least a tiny peaceful spot in the day. Hoping today is better. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aaaauugghh!
    Boy, a cup of eggnog would surely hit the spot about now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet messages. I read every one of them.