F I'm So Vintage: kitschy kitchen tree

Missed A Recent Post?

Friday, December 14, 2012

kitschy kitchen tree

Earlier today, I started this post and put it in draft form to finish this evening. During the day, the terrible shootings occurred in Connecticut. My heart is breaking for those families and for the loss of those sweet and precious children.  I hope everyone will spend time with your loved ones holding them close to your hearts. I am sending my prayers up along with the rest of our country for our terrible loss.

*************************************************************************************************************************

I gave a little sneak peek, a couple of days ago, at our kitschy kitchen Christmas tree. It is a fun tree, full of toys and vintage and handmade ornaments. It is my favorite tree.

From the tumble of toys at the foot of the tree.








To the special ornaments and garlands of apples and candies





To its playful topper


It's a tree that seems to delight both children and adults.

Linking today with:
A Favorite Thing Saturday
Frugal Friday
Vintage Inspiration Friday
What's It Wednesday

 

17 comments:

  1. I love your tumble of toys. What an awful tragedy befell the children of America today- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. It delights all generations because it's wonderful, Laura. Thank you for your lead in and giving us a chance to respond in kind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kitchen tree is darling! I love your topper so much fun.


    It's very hard to carry on with regular things in the light of the tragic and senseless events ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have only just heard about the tragedy, it's shocking....my heart goes out to all of those families.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tree is adorable. I am so sad today and held my sweet Tiger closer then ever! The world is a scary place. Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such adorable ornaments. It's always fun to see what other people use and like. My heart is breaking for the loss today. So senseless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful tree, and I especially love the topper. ~Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is indeed a very delightful tree! The train and clock are so sweet!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it. I really like the idea of putting toys at the bottom; that is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tree is so charming! Love the huntsman nutcracker too. I am having a tough time feeling joyful today after the terrible tragedy in Connecticut. So heartbreaking.

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  11. you are right...it IS delightful / love that cooking snowman! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, I love that topper!!!

    Thanks so much for joining in this week.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute and fun tree! As a new grandma, I love this idea for my little man's tree! I'll be on the lookout for vintage toys, too! Thanks so much for the inspiration! We'd love to have you link it with us, too.
    Hugs and happy holidays,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  14. A sweet group of toys at the bottom of the tree.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. I read every one of them.