F I'm So Vintage: make mine pink

Missed A Recent Post?

Friday, December 21, 2012

make mine pink





Yesterday was my sister's birthday. 


Mom had to hold the cake so I could get a photo. I wanted to take a picture of my sister with the cake, but she said if I did she would have to kill me. Ha, I've heard that threat before, and I'm really not too worried, which brings me to the second part of this post.

Last night's lead story on our local news was about the people who are stocking up on survival gear for the end of the world today. Seriously??? Are we the only state in the union with a bunch of fools?

I mean first of all I am pretty sure the world is not going to end today. It wouldn't dare. My birthday is next week. Secondly, if the world does end, you won't be needing any survival gear.

I like the man who went in to the store to buy some gas masks. "These aren't for me, he said. They're Christmas presents."

Huh? The end of the world is on the 21st and the last time I checked Christmas is on the 25th. Do you really think your friends and family are going to be able to hold their breath that long?

Something tells me his wife wouldn't be too happy getting a gas mask for Christmas and if he is a big enough fool to give her one, he'll probably wish the end of the world had been on the 21st.

Note to man in store: Just in case you are handing out extras, make mine pink please.

source

I'm thinking I may wear one of these next time I am pumping gas at the Kroger store. It would make quite the fashion statement.

Have a great day (for as long as it lasts)

Laura


10 comments:

  1. LOL! That IS a very stylish mask! I'm thinking we will all still be here on Christmas and you will get to celebrate a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun! Thanks for the chuckle this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheesh, I’m sure glad I’m not on that guy’s gift list. Do gas masks go with heels or flats?

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Secondly, if the world does end, you won't be needing any survival gear."

    That one did me in. I am ROFLOL!

    Gotta love people...

    Thanks for the hearty laugh this morning and Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    Cassandra from Renaissance Women

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the post, love the stylish mask-LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! You'll go out in style in that pink mask. Looks like we're going to see the sunrise tomorrow. The Mayans were wrong after all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, Laura, my hubby's birthday is today and I didn't get him one piece of survival gear... wait, that sounds wrong!! LOL! Anyway, it's 6:40 pm and we're still here!
    Fun post today -- and love the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I see we are still here! Thank goodness because I still had wet clothes in the washing machine at midnight...lol

    Happy birthday to your sister-shoulda taken her picture anyway...I like a good sibling row. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well if it's going to end it has to in the next 11 minutes in my time zone. :) That's a pretty fancy gas mask. Thanks for the smile today/night.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your sense of humor! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas dear Laura~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. I read every one of them.