F I'm So Vintage: GLUTEN FREE CINNAMON TOAST BREAKFAST LOAF CAKE
Thursday, February 7, 2013

GLUTEN FREE CINNAMON TOAST BREAKFAST LOAF CAKE

So, here I am. I think that this is the first time since I started blogging that I just haven't felt like posting. This recovery has definitely been more difficult than the first one and I am still on the path. However, when I woke up this morning I decided that it was time to do something besides reading a book a day (although I have enjoyed doing that).

So I have been reading gluten free recipes and looking forward to being able to cook again. I think this is definitely going to be one of the first things I bake. It looks and sounds so yummy. 




Makes: One 9-by-5-inch loaf
1½ cups SILVANA'S KITCHEN GLUTEN-FREE ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
2 sticks unsalted butter, vegan buttery sticks or shortening, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
4 large eggs, at room temperature
2½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 tablespoon cinnamon
½ cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
1 tablespoon milk, dairy-free milk or water

1. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder
and salt.


2. Preheat the oven to 325ยบ and grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl and using a handheld electric mixer, beat together the butter and granulated sugar on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Reduce the speed to medium-low and gradually beat in the eggs and 2 teaspoons vanilla until combined. Reduce the speed to low and gradually add in the flour mixture until just combined.

3. Transfer half of the batter to a small bowl. Stir in the cinnamon. Alternating, spoon the vanilla and cinnamon cake batters into the prepared pan and swirl with a knife. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes. Let cool completely on a rack.

4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners'
sugar, milk and remaining ½ teaspoon vanilla. Drizzle over
the cooled cake.


I think I am going to see how many recipes I can add to Pinterest before I am cooking again. 

 

19 comments:

  1. Sorry the recovery is going slower this time. I've felt like reading a book a day myself lately! I've been working on creating a crafting space though and I'm happy about that.
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Laura. I saw your pin and breathed a sigh of relief. So good to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura! I'm sorry it is taking so long for your recovery. Your recipe sounds delicious. I'm going to print it out for a friend who is gluten intolerant.
    Have fun pinning recipes!
    Barb xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bread sure does look good! I bet it would be delicious with a hot cup of coffee too. I'm glad to hear that you're recovering nicely. I realize it's taking longer than you would like though. Isn't that true for most though? At least this will be behind you once you're back to normal though. Thanks for sharing that yummy looking recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This does look good, Laura. Passing it along to my oldest to try.
    Don't over do it, now! Rest!
    xo, Tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, that's a lot of butter! must be good:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura,
    So glad to see you are back. Let me know how it is. When I bake with gluten free flour, it takes away a lot of the sweetness, and I do not like it.
    So I try just to avoid flour in general. :-((

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a good recipe-thanks.
    Hope your recovery continues to move along-it's hard to be "good" isn't it? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been enjoying your blog for the vintage inspiration. Its also nice to follow the life of someone else who is a woman of a certain age. I've just packed up and moved to fufill my dreams. I thought the packing was going to push me over the edge. I hope you are able to ignore it while you recover.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds tasty! I recently read that a gluten-free diet is not good for people who don't suffer from it, in fact it is good for those healthy. I hope you are not having any health problems connected with gluten and I wish you to get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds delicious. I hope you heal and feel better soon. I'm keeping you in my prayers! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum. sounds delicious! Sending you wishes for continued recovery and healing. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks delish Laura....I really hope that you are starting to feel better...worse then last time doesn't sound good.

    I hear you on the break, the one I took at Christmas was so good that I had to force myself to come back.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing - my sister has just got the diagnosis that involves no gluten and we are all trying to help her find new recipes and interesting food. So lovely to have a post from you again, been wondering how you were recovering. Hope your weekend is a really good one, Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks great! We have G Free people in the family so I'm sure they will love this. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you're doing much better, Laura! I saw that you had your sweet daughter with you. Wonderful. I love looking at recipes too! This one looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  17. My daughter has Celiac Disease and this looks like something she would love! Thanks so much!!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

All verbal donations to my comment box are gratefully accepted. It is free for you and priceless to me.