F I'm So Vintage: bottle obsession
Sunday, January 26, 2014

bottle obsession

I have a somewhat secret obsession with vintage bottles.


I love their different shapes and sizes.

The way they reflect the light in a window sill.


Their beautiful colors. I think these look almost as if they have been painted.


I love their simplicity when grouped with other items on a shelf.


I love thinking about the stories that old bottles would tell us if they could speak. What kind of illnesses do you think this one helped to heal?


I am definitely in love with vintage bottles so I have started a new Pinterest board just for old bottles. It's an inexpensive way to feed my obsession.

I hope you are having a wonderful Sunday. We are above freezing today so I am going to head out to Trader Joe's to stock up on groceries before the temperatures plummet again tomorrow. I am still on the lookout for spring. I'll be sure and let you know when I see any signs of it, but don't hold your breath.



 

19 comments:

  1. They look so pretty on the window sill. I love old bottles too and always get excited when I find one on the beach....washed up from the ocean. (I need to take pics... I know!) Enjoy your day my friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see photos of the ones that you've found, Diane.

      Delete
  2. Hi Laura....I love colored bottles, too. Yours are pretty. Spring, huh? No signs of it around here. Stil scraping ice formations off the windows! Ha. Hope springs eternal. Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today was much warmer and the sun was out. Melted most of the snow, but tomorrow the polar vortex returns :(

      Delete
  3. Very pretty and they look great grouped together.

    I hear we have more cold coming after a ton of snow last night. Stay safe and warm!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. I love old bottles too! I will have to look for you on pinterest!
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you could have been at my garage sales when I was selling my house and moving. I had a rather large collection of those bottles that I sold at the first garage sale for $1 each. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a few old bottles. My husband and daughter went pickin' this past summer and brought home a bunch. some of them are really cool. I've cleaned alot of them up. They are very cool! Love your colored ones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like old bottles too. My favorites are the extra large demi john bottles with old glass. They can be hard to find and expensive though. I like that last one you showed with the label on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pictures are beautiful......make the bottles look like works of art!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the ones with the bluish tint.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love old bottles too and have a few. But I don't have many colored ones. They are the prettiest.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was 72 here today. Plummeting tomorrow to 17, so I got groceries too. Love your bottle collection! The stories they could tell.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. They're all very pretty! You have a great collection!
    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've seen your little obsession on Pinterest! Your collection has so much charm!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful bottle collection, love that amber one!!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love old bottles too and have a few around the house. The aqua blue ones are my favourite.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. I read every one of them.