F I'm So Vintage: chasing away

Missed A Recent Post?

Friday, January 24, 2014

chasing away

I have been trying to chase away sinus problems for the last few days along with the winter doldrums.


I guess it is just a part of this season, but the sinus woes did cause me to miss my regular Thursday posting yesterday as I was trying to down as much vitamin C as possible. 

The good thing is that citrus fruits are at their best this time of year so I am happy to do my part in making sure they get eaten. 

I love the combination of the orange fruit in the blue bowl.


I did have to get up and out early this morning. My mom had an endoscopy scheduled and no matter how much I tried to beg off taking her she insisted I had to be with her. It was minus six degrees with a wind chill of minus eighteen when I went out to thaw out the car. Needless to say I was not the happiest of campers. 

By the time I got her back to her apartment she agreed not to leave again until we get through this cold and wintry weather. 

As for me, I am happy to just stay at home with some hot chocolate, warm slippers, and jammies. Especially since we are forecast to get two to four more inches of snow tonight and tomorrow. 

I've got my binoculars out again looking to see if spring is getting any closer. 



 

19 comments:

  1. I love fresh oranges...hope those are from Florida! They sure are pretty! Stay in now and stay warm! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. stay warm and as well as you can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures. I miss eating citrus- I just can't eat it anymore. Too bad about having to take your Mom out. lol Just like a kid-gets something in the head and HAS to do it! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the oranges in the blue bowl too! I immediately thought of the University of Illinois as those are their colors.
    I hope your mother is doing well and that you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like spring is a long way off you better eat those oranges and snuggle in for a while. It is freezing here today and the wind is vicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know if these are the Little Cuties but I love them. Costco now has Little Cutie juice.
    Did you see Spring on the horizon.
    Mom's can be so demanding, mine sure is.
    Stay in and stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The oranges do look wonderful in that blue bowl! If you spot signs of Spring, make sure to give a holler.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, you are much colder than us. Can you believe snow flurries this morning in the deep south? Stay snuggled, stay well, keep those binoculars focused!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you feel better soon! Yes vit c in those fresh oranges is the BEST!!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are very pretty in that bowl! I've had endoscopies. Was someone with her if you hadn't gone? Because they never would do mine unless someone was sitting in the waiting room waiting for me. Do you know I haven't been able to eat an orange or have orange just or lemon juice, etc., in about 27 years? Due to bad acid reflux, which is why I had to get the endoscopies!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Feel better soon, and here's to nicer weather. The colors in your photo are so lovely, you should get a enlargement and hang it up.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have you tried eucalyptys essential oil for your sinus? It works great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been eating clementines all winter. They are delicious! I will miss them after this season. Glad you are taking care of yourself safe from the outdoor elements. It has been cold here too. Hope you start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Did you manage to see if spring is getting any closer? I sure hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, those sinus visits are not fun at all! Hope you get to feeling better soon. I've got a bowl full of orange in my kitchen too and I just can ever get enough, so delicious! Your photograph is just stunning, great shot! Happy I found your great blog. I'll be back and so will spring time! Just can't wait!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't had a cold in years and I picked one up, I know from the hospital when I was staying with my husband. I ate tons of citrus and those orange lozenges (forgot the name) you are supposed to suck on at the first sign of cold. Cold still lasted 10 days..... :) Hope you are staying warm and Mom is okay. That bowl of oranges is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love to have my orange juice and love citrus. I didn't have a cold for at least 15 years and in January I got sick for a couple of weeks, just getting better as before....who knows! Thanks for your sweet visit!
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  18. Laura, we've been drinking Emergen-C. Have you seen it? I swear it helped Shelley get over a cold in three days.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. I read every one of them.