F I'm So Vintage: transformations: inch by inch
Thursday, July 17, 2014

transformations: inch by inch

I can't even begin to count how often I feel like an inch worm just inching my way along to my goals. 

Inch! Inch! Inch!

Like I'm driving down the highway in the slow lane with that big old mountain way off in the distance.



But isn't that really how life works? We wake up each day and continue to work and fight for what we want, and it's a good fight. I know you do it. You're that warrior who doesn't give up. How do I know? Because I see your blogs, both large and small. I read your comments. I see you searching for inspiration, and I know that you have it within you. 

I listened for too long to what other people thought I should do. Then a light came on and I realized that who I am and what I need and want is right here inside of me. So I get up and fight each day for it, because that is who I am. 

I am so proud to know each one of you. I know that you are inching your way along too, and I know that you are successful because you haven't given up. 

So keep on inching along, you successful people.

post signature

9 comments:

  1. This post reminds me of hand quilting / so slow ...............:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perseverance is a great quality and so often not pursued. Nice post, Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's what keeps us going....what's down the road, beyond what we can see! Enjoy your day my friend! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always use slow and steady as a guide to help navigate me to my goals. Besides if I got there so quickly what would i do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I once read that when Marlo Thomas was starting out her career her very famous father Danny, to her to put on her blinders and run her own race. Such good advice. It's so easy for us to be swayed by what others think or say but we each have our own race to run even if it is inch by inch. By the way ~ that is one beautiful road to inch along!

    Big Texas Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  6. I meant to say "told" her. I need to go inch inch when I type because I am terrible at it!
    Love,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Laura...

    Read your weigh-in post and your renewed walking post. I have struggled with excess weight my entire life and have never ever won the battle.

    I know in my heart that if I could lose weight, I'd feel so much better, look better, feel better. But it is terribly difficult and as we age, the difficulty increases. Plus, I'm a master justifier. I hope I can lose before my time on earth is over. I need to walk, too, but do you think I do? Nooooo. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are right. We all have something that we're battling or searching for inspiration. I suspect it will never stop. Sometimes it's best to be aware of that and not feel like a failure when it doesn't happen quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We all have our own unique travels. Inch by inch. Day by day.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments. I read every one of them.