cff it's so simple really | Simple and Serene Living

it's so simple really

Thursday, October 2, 2014


Transformations

It's really so simple, and can take just a brief moment of our time. Yet, how often do we not do it. 

source
Your kind words and thoughts helped me so much yesterday. They are always like a healing balm to my soul.

I think of the times I have shared a brief smile with a stranger and I wonder if it improved their day. I know that a smile or a kind word has never made my day worse. It is so simple and it doesn't cost us a thing. 
post signature

P.S. My peripheral neuropathy seems to be having a field day in my body right now. It is doing high jumps, sprints, and relays. I am definitely ready to hand off the baton. So today I am going to focus on healing, and I am going to spend time helping my sister with some errands she needs done. I am going to practice simple acts of caring. 

Comments

  1. Isn't it amazing how helping someone else helps us to feel better when we're hurting? What a blessing you will be to your sister today. Sending you out a big (but gentle) hug and prayers for your healing.

    Take good care,

    ~ Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cassandra. Helping someone else always makes me feel better. :)

      Delete
  2. I think that's one of the wonderful benefits of blogging....friends that spend time with you reading and then leaving an encouraging comment. It makes all the difference as we go through our days facing whatever challenges come our way. Sending you bunches of hugs! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of the wonderful benefits of blogging. It definitely makes a difference in my days. xo

      Delete
  3. Have a SIMPLE-y wonderful day! Blog world friends ARE amazing, aren't they? xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diana. You are definitely one of the amazing ones. :)

      Delete
  4. Laura, Hope your day turned out like you wanted. I hate when we are not well and can't help ourselves at times. I will say a prayer for you tonight. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Laura, That is a wonderful quote from Leo Buscaglia. He is very wise indeed.
    It does not cost to be kind; however not being kind brings so much pain and deep hurt
    I hope you are feeling better. ~ Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Laura, l missed the post so l popped back and read it. Also read a little more on your illness in general so l know a little more what you are going through. I can only say l am very sorry and send my prayers for your eye, hugs, and a heartfelt thank you for all the inspiration and support you always give to others me included. Pam xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Pam. I know the difficulties you face ever day and I really appreciate your sweet words. xo

      Delete
  7. Hi Laura...I always loved Leo's writing and still have a few of his books. He was a light in the world. We can all be lights, actually, right? You are one! Susan

    ReplyDelete

All verbal donations to my comment box are gratefully accepted. It is free for you and priceless to me. Please note that comments with links will be deleted.