cff transformations - speak to yourself with kindness | Simple and Serene Living

transformations - speak to yourself with kindness

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Yesterday I did something which I considered dumb. No, this is one of the few times I won't share it with you. But, what I will share with you is how I felt and how I spoke to myself. 



It was as if the clouds were suddenly descending on me, filling my inside spaces with anger towards myself, and the first thing I said to myself was, "how could you be so dumb".

I felt myself tense up, I felt sick, and that is when I asked myself if I would say this to someone else who made the same mistake. The answer was no. I would tell them it's okay, because we all make mistakes and this is how we learn. 

So I vowed to pay attention to the things I say to myself. I will speak to myself with kindness. I will show myself the same respect that I show others. I will look for that little patch of blue shining from the clouds, and I will focus on that.

Let's all vow to speak to ourselves with kindness, to tell ourselves that we are proud of what we do every day.  



post signature
post signature

Comments

  1. Laura, I have called myself a Dumb Arse...many times. :):) I know we should take a big breathe and let if out slowly....then relax...but boy some times you just want to slam things. You are just human. Forgive yourself. xoxo,Susie
    p.s. I can't always leave comments, but I try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But, you definitely aren't a "Dumb Arse". You are a wonderful person, sweet friend :)

      Delete
  2. This is so true! I am harder on myself then anyone else. I KNOW I need to be kinder to me and give myself a break. Great words my friend.
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much of it is habit, Linda. We need to replace it with a new habit of being kind to ourselves. :)

      Delete
  3. oh my gosh, I have been there, too many times, thank you thank you for reminding us,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life tends to be (very) scary at times; I think these are the times we question ourselves and allow ourselves to feel inadequate. We often are very hard on ourselves at these times in life. I turn to the Lord and simply put my trust in Him.
    Be kind and trust. Blessings dear. Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're absolutely right. we tend to beat ourselves up so readily when it comes to mistakes - just made or those from years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "This is how we learn." Well said. Hug B

    ReplyDelete

All verbal donations to my comment box are gratefully accepted. It is free for you and priceless to me. Please note that comments with links will be deleted.