cff HOME DECOR: MY COTTAGE STYLE BEDROOM | Simple and Serene Living

HOME DECOR: MY COTTAGE STYLE BEDROOM

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

I love my cottage style bedroom. More and more it is really beginning to reflect who I am. 

This past week I have made two new additions to my room. I got them both at auctions and I'm really loving them. I thought I would share one of them today and save the other one (which my physical therapist told me that if I don't stop lifting heavy things my shoulder will never heal. OOPS!) until next week. 

You may remember that the corner of my bedroom looked like this.


I liked everything about it except for (unfluffed pillow) the rather empty corner and the bed. Another OOPS!! I may have given away what the second thing is I bought. 

When I saw this dress form at the auction last week I knew I loved it. I wasn't really sure what I was going to do with it, I just knew I wanted it. 


It sit around for a few days until a lightbulb went off (yes friends there is a tiny bit of light still up there) and I knew it was going to be perfect to fill in my corner.


I was right. I love it, and I can also use it for a photo prop for my Etsy shop.

Comments

  1. Laura, I love your new purchase. When I pass something by, I may think on it a bit...if it is still there next time I look, then I may buy it. Telling myself , it was meant to be. :):) Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often do that too, Susie, but when at auction there are rarely second chances. My other purchase, which I will share next week was an exception.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great new purchase and it looks wonderful in your corner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you found the perfect treasure to fill the corner of your bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your dress form - it looks like it was made to go in that corner.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, doesn't it. I can't believe I didn't see it right away.

      Delete
  6. What a great looking dress form! I love that it is actually old too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Laura, I love, love, love this! The corner is certainly a cottage corner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so pretty and peaceful I love it. Hug B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think the best part about it is that it does feel very peaceful.

      Delete
  9. Ooooh....I like her! Have you named her yet? heehee! And I love the shelf with pegs to showcase your pretty things. That blue hat is gorgeous! Enjoy your afternoon! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will let you name her, Diane. You always come up with the best names :)

      Delete
  10. That just finishes your corner, fab.
    Rosezeeta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is finished I think. Well there are some things that are for sale, so I will probably have to make some changes at some point. I am keeping the dress form, though :)

      Delete
  11. Love it! Can't wait to see you other purchase! I too have to be careful about lifting, but I keep doing it..bad girl!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I went to PT today and my shoulder was still really sore I asked my therapist if there were some thing I should be doing at home. The response was there were some things I shouldn't be doing. Uh oh, I think I just failed. I'm definitely a bad girl :)

      Delete
  12. such a peaceful and comfy looking space. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your room seems very cosy and is a real inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete

All verbal donations to my comment box are gratefully accepted. It is free for you and priceless to me. Please note that comments with links will be deleted.